Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pick'n with Cletus on a Cold Winter Night

Well after a fun night at Yo Burrito, I spent my Tuesday evening visiting Ole Cletus. It was freezing cold over on the Mountain they call Pleasant, but the fiery temperament of Cletus was more then enough to forget about the cold and focus on my guitar pick'n.

We started off playing the Dixie Hoedown then moved on to the Red Haired Boy, then to Cuckoo's Nest. As a guitar player I struggle with playing melodies in time. Ole Cletus has much to correct me on this night and I captured some great moments in this "lesson".

Here is me falling off the melody of Cuckoo's Nest and Cletus's response:

Yes funny stuff! After we spent a good half hour on Cuckoo's Nest we went on to Angeline the Baker and Over the Waterfall medley. Here is a clip of why any picker should turn there phone off when pick'n:

Ole Cletus is a character, but in all seriousness it was a great night we spent cleaning up some tunes I am struggling to pick. Thank goodness for a dedicated southern banjo picker!

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment