Friday, February 27, 2009

Learning a New Tune From the New Guy

Ah yes... another week started off with a great Monday night at Yo Burrito, followed by an interesting night tightening up my chops with Cletus.

Last Night, I had the pleasure of having the new picker, Jason Schorr, over for some flatpick'n. We started off by warming up with the Dixie Hoedown, then he showed me an old-time number, Maydelle's Reel, picked out of "E." The key of "E" is a key most bluegrassers stray from playing open. This is a really cool tune that will give me a work out in open "E."

Here is a clip of Jason playing with the "nome" at 60 clicks:




Powered by Podbean.com

Really Cool!!! He played it BBAABB form, for learning sake, but the tune is traditionally done AABB.

Here is the tune a little faster with me trying to figure the rhythm out:

Yep it's going to be a keeper in the arsenal. Thanks Jason for sharing a new tune!

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment