Friday, March 6, 2009

Crazy Thursday Night

Well my work day ended around 5:30 and I headed straight home to do some pick'n with Jason. We played Maydelle's Reel, and Jason gave me some pointers on singing (God knows I need all the help I can get). All and all it was a great time and I got lots of homework to do!

Around 8pm I made my way over to the Pour House to see Town Mountain from Asheville, NC. I meet up of with my good friend Phillip Barker at El Bohio and we stepped out to the Pour House Deck to check out Steven Sandifer and friends. His weekly Bluegrass happening with various local pickers. This week he had Southern Flavor Bluegrass Band members the Col. George DelPorto and FB DelPorto. I was able to catch the last few songs before they ended at 9pm. Good Stuff!!!

Meanwhile inside the Bridge 105.5 had a great artist Sharon Little playing an early show. She was an awesome singer and very good looking. It was just her and her guitar player Scot Sax. They had so much stage presence and a captive audience.

I listened a little bit and headed straight back to the "green room" and proceeded to do some pick'n with the Town Mountain boys. We ripped through Brown County Breakdown, Stoney Creek, Stoney Point, and Dusty Miller. Man is great to pick with them!

Town Mountain took the stage around 10:30 and kicked it off with a great version of The Moonshiner. They played a bunch of great Bluegrass tunes they wrote as well as a Springstien Cove, I'm on Fire. The instrumental I heard in the 1st set that stood out was Daley's Reel. I love that tune!

Well around Midnight I had to make it back home to crash so I would be well rested for a busy weekend for The Bluestone Ramblers that includes a rehearsal dinner on Kiawah tonight, The BB&T Food & Wine Festival all day Saturday, and The Kismet Farm Spring Party Saturday Night.

What a "Little Friday"
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment